A good landlord or property agent understands that the relationship with their tenant needs to be carefully managed in order to build a positive and successful long-term partnership from which both sides benefit. This requires the reliable delivery of a broad range of services to ensure that the tenant is kept safe and happy and to protect the position of the property owner.
If you own a rented property, it is always worth considering whether you will benefit from engaging a specialist property manager with experience required to deliver on that relationship.
The importance of property management
Purchasing a property to rent is a major investment, and property management is about looking after that investment so that it continues to give you the best return possible. Landlords also understand the additional benefits that good property management brings:
- Freeing up your time from keeping up to date with a multitude of compliance requirements
- Providing additional support when a landlord doesn’t have the capacity to look after their properties themselves.
- Ensuring that buildings are well maintained to generate maximum revenue
- Looking after the resident’s needs and wellbeing
- Acting as a point of contact between landlord and resident
- Understanding the legal requirements of renting property
What are property inventory management services?
At No Letting Go we offer a broad range of property reporting services to ensure we can assist either a landlord or agent to manage a successful let. These services include:
- Vacant property inspections: Checking your property is secure, and there are no maintenance issues, internally or externally. There’s often an insurance requirement for vacant properties to be inspected weekly or fortnightly.
- Abandonment notices: Ensuring these notices stay in place by regularly visiting the premises and reporting on the property’s security.
- Mid Term Reports: Every three to six months, we visit a property to ensure it is being maintained as agreed, check for damage and ensure that tenants are happy. We then produce a report that can be used to provide valuable evidence should a dispute arise in the future.
- Block management Inspections: Estate and block inspections are broad ranging, from fire and safety to maintenance and cleanliness, but can be tailored to each client’s needs, highlighting key areas for necessary action.
- Inventory management: Reporting any change, from the commencement to the termination of a tenancy, and providing evidence for recovering costs against deposits or insurances
- Fire and CO compliance: Inspecting and testing all alarms to ensure compliance with relevant regulations.
Why use specialist inventory services?
With a specialist property inventory service like No Letting Go you have access to a national network of inventory specialists. In addition to our experience and specialist knowledge, our letting management and landlord clients benefit from:
- A dedicated account manager
- Capacity to manager large and small portfolios
- A flexible range of property reporting services
- Guaranteed report delivery turnaround, working to a Service Level Agreement
- Use of an online platform which makes tracking easy
- Fully insured and qualified specialists
- Building your reputation as a good landlord or management agent
No Letting Go
If you would like to discuss how our national network can help with your property inventory management to generate accurate reports and protect your reputation as a landlord or letting agent, please contact us online.
Keep up to date: Free newsletter
You might also like
Automating property inventory management to support social distancingUpload on November 17, 2020 by Lydia Horsley
For property services to continue to operate in the “new normal”, we’ve all had to adjust our working practices to comply with Covid-19 rules. Yet in one key aspect of inventory management, we already had systems in place that enabled effective social distancing – our fully comprehensive property inventory software What you need from property [...]READ MORE
A guide to avoiding tenant disputes by using inventoriesUpload on November 11, 2020 by Lydia Horsley
Research by Statista, a statistics portal for market data, found more than half of landlords who responded were in disputes with their tenants, the main reasons being arrears, cleanliness, pets, subletting and breakages. Using regular property inventories letting agents can help their landlord clients to avoid such problems. When should you use a property inventory? A [...]READ MORE
Why Property Inspections Are So ImportantUpload on October 9, 2020 by Lydia Horsley
Without a doubt, regular property inspections are one of the most important things you can do to protect your property investment. However, for many property owners, it’s still one of those admin chores that’s difficult to find time for. So why are property inspections such a vital element of property management? The benefits of regular [...]READ MORE
How To Carry Out Check Ins And Check Outs In A Covid-compliant WayUpload on October 6, 2020 by Lydia Horsley
The latest government rules combined with the Prime minister’s recent address to the nation is clear – tougher measures are required to control the spread of the virus. Everyone has a slightly different attitude to risk, and with each new set of guidance comes a shift in public attitudes. The public wants protection from the [...]READ MORE