A property inventory is a very important tool for anyone renting or managing a let property, and having this facility as a specifically designed system can greatly enhance its efficiency.
What challenges should a property inventory address?
When completing a property inventory, you need to have the confidence that it’s not only recording information accurately but that it’s also recording all the information necessary. If a dispute arises over the condition of a property, the information you’ve recorded could be integral to resolving the issue. A property inventory, therefore, needs to do the following:
- Ensure all key information is included in each report
- Provide proof of property issues
- Minimise financial risk by creating records that can be relied upon
- Reduce the risk of tenants, landlords, agents etc. not agreeing on the property’s condition
- Remove doubt by recording changes that have occurred over time
- Ensure the rented property is meeting legal requirements
How an inventory system addresses your challenges
Using the technology of an inventory system, such as No Letting Go’s Kaptur app, can provide a solution for many of the challenges of keeping good inventory management:
- Provides a web-based centralised booking system that’s easy to access and update, even remotely
- Allows current and historical inventories to be seen side by side to simplify viewing any changes
- Provides a fully documented audit trial
- Produces clear and precise records, agreed by both tenant and landlord, to reduce disputes when claims from deposits are required
- Identifies work to be done before the next tenant moves in
- Is mobile, allowing all administration to be completed on-site, capturing all information immediately
- Helps agents manage time efficiently by managing admin tasks such as orders, appointments, change notifications and alerts
- Provides documents in a format accepted by all Government deposit protection schemes
When an inventory system is made specifically for the task in hand, its real power is that it offers confidence for all parties and captures data very easily.
Who benefits from using this technology?
Whether tenant, landlord or agent, the success and benefit of Kaptur as an inventory management system is that it benefits all parties involved.
For agents, the efficiency of the app allows them to save time and provide uniformed reports. For landlords and tenants, the accuracy of the information and its real-time capture provides confidence in what’s been recorded. This reduces the risk of dispute over information and minimising the financial risk for both parties.
For those looking to increase efficiency in their lettings business and deliver professional reports to clients, an inventory management system provides a “one-stop-shop” solution.
No Letting Go
If you would like to discuss how our local support or national network at No Letting Go could help you as your property management partner, streamline your costs, reduce workload and keep accurate property inventories, then contact us today.
You might also like
Exploring the Success of No Letting Go’s Most Popular Property Reporting ServicesUpload on November 16, 2023 by Lydia Horsley
In the realm of property inventory management, No Letting Go has emerged as a beacon of excellence and reliability. With a plethora of services tailored to meet the diverse needs of the property sector, No Letting Go has carved a niche for itself, ensuring that properties across the UK are safe, compliant, and well-managed. Among [...]READ MORE
Why Are More People Choosing To Rent Than Buy Their Property?Upload on January 25, 2022 by Lydia Horsley
Our perception of homeownership is changing. For the vast majority, buying a property used to seem like a natural step, but it’s now predicted that by 2025 over 50% of adults under the age of 40 will be in private rented accommodation. In the UK, demand from renters is 43% higher than the last five-year [...]READ MORE
Our 2022 Predictions For The Property MarketUpload on January 25, 2022 by Lydia Horsley
The home buying and rental markets have faired well over the past couple of years, despite the challenges presented by the pandemic and possibly because of government help. But as we head into 2022, should we expect to see a continued buoyancy in the market? While no one is predicting a sudden or dramatic decline [...]READ MORE
ESTAS Customer Service Awards 2021Upload on June 3, 2021 by Lydia Horsley
No Letting Go are proud to announce that we have been SHORTLISTED for a prestigious ESTAS customer service award! To be announced in October 2021. ESTAS honour the best agents, conveyancers, mortgage advisors and suppliers in the UK. The annual ESTAS awards occur in Spring and Autumn, attracting the top players in the UK’s property and lettings [...]READ MORE